12.24.2005

Shizzle My Kizzle

Well, if you know me, then you no doubt are aware of my love for cats. This holiday season was colored with a bit of sadness, as my mom is being forced to give up our cats for adoption due to financial difficulty .... sigh .... it's been hard, I won't lie. We've raised those cats since they were kittens, watched their personalities grow, laughed at them, invested in their well being .... yes, they're cats, but they're really special to us. Basically, they might be gone before I get to Oregon on Thursday. BUT I would be lying entirely and not ackowledging the Lord's love and sovereignty unless I told you about the blessing I have stumbled upon. Well, not stumbled .... I believe God's actions are very personal, very accurate, very deliberate and very good. The house that I moved into has come with both a cat and a dog! As I'm writing this, the cat is playing, running around, purring, all the best cat stuff. I love it. Her name is Kizzle (hence the title of the post). The dog isn't here, but I look forward to getting to know him, too. His name is Oscar .... and apparently he pees if you pet him too much .... oh, boy. Well, I'm looking forward to times ahead, should the Lord tarry. Merry, merry, merry Christmas, everyone. He IS come. May the gift you give this season of your lives (whatever season it may be) be a gladly sacrificed life. It's the only way. I love you all .... His best.

No comments: