12.26.2005

Reckless Abandon

"Blessed are you, O Israel, who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, who is the shield of your help and the sword of your majesty! So your enemies will cringe before you, and you will tread upon their high places." -Deuteronomy 33:29. With such promises, how could I withhold myself? How can I resist? My God clearly wants all of me ... somehow ... and is calling me continually to surrender. Yet, abandon unto the Lord is so secure. The funny thing about reckless abandon is that it is anything but reckless. Those who fall are caught. Those who fling themselves, rightfully helpless, into His arms are held. My heart has undergone varied weights and has been heavy for different reasons. At times, sorrow and regret for refusing to surrender. Other times, heaviness at realizing the weight and potential of glory. But when all is said and done, and I find myself raw and exposed before God, I just want to jump. I just want to be held. I just want to fling myself into His infinite embrace. This helpless, stubborn, fearful case should have closed long ago. But for this I have received mercy and grace upon grace. Hmmm ......... I can say no more.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Still really enjoy your thoughts. Keep walking. Enjoy!