5.15.2006

Today At Preschool ....

I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but one of my three jobs (the other two being: Sales Associate at American Eagle Outfitters [just a fancy way of saying "I work there"] and live-in nanny) is substitute teaching at a Christian Preschool. What a blast and what a challenge. But today if just made me laugh ... oh, yes ... so I show up after lunch time and one of the girls immediately says to me, "You look like a Chinese person!" ... oh my word, I wanted to roll on the floor. I think I'm the most racially ambiguous person in the world. I'm an Irish-Norwegian-Austrian-German American who has been told she looks like she's Chinese, Mexican, Hawaiian ... Puerto Rican? Italian? I'd have to have some friends help me remember what else I am. What a riot. Then, as we were praying for their teacher (who has a nasty cold) one of the girls just started praying for people who fall out of roller coasters at Disneyland. This is most likely because we were talking about the Good Samaritan and when I asked the kids how they could help people, one of the boys said that they could help people who had fallen out of roller coasters. Makes sense. So funny. Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Life of the Camerons said...

You look Australian to me!

Unknown said...

No Kristine, I think you've been here long enough... you're quite Canadian. Your kids must be really cute... I get to work with preschoolers too (well for 2 more weeks at least), because that's the age I teach in Sunday School. I have to say it is quite challenging.

Amie said...

I loved this story!!!