3.31.2006

We're Taking This Lying Down

Watch a CNN news story about the situation in Uganda for which this demonstration is taking place. For a promo of the Global Night Commute, click here. I became aware of all of this a few nights ago through my roommate Andrea, who I come to admire more and more for her genuine concern for people. I highly recommend watching the CNN video, if you have the time. This demonstration, the Global Night Commute, is taking place all over the world (although this video only mentions America). The demonstration is in order to raise awareness about the ongoing war in Uganda, a situation that is spread over country lines and into many parts of Africa. The website is very informative, as well. I recommend the faq page. "Is this not the fast I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness, and undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free and break every yoke?" (Isaiah 58:6) I know that God doesn't need any public sleepovers to prove His point, but He is so clear about where His heart is. He loves. And He acts on it. "Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you." (Isaiah 60:1)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hi Christine

This is eomthing that I've been helping to advocate for as well this past year. If you go to www.invisiblechildren.com there is a lot of info and an amazing DVD that you can order and show to groups. Also www.guluwalk.com is an organization based here in Toronto that is acting on behalf of these kids. Isn't it horrifying? I also wrote a paper about it for a class last semester, and would be happy to send it to you if you are interested. There is lots we can do.