3.22.2006

It Smelled Like Spring Today ...

After a few weeks of on and off snow, it was refreshing to see the sun today. It was good. There's healing involved in being able to drive with the windows down, arm out, blasting Coldplay's "Fix You" loud enough for everyone to sing along. There's much more I would like to say, but not now. There is much to be said about the exclusivity between a person and their God. And the truth is, sometimes I say too much. I was reminded today that the most beautiful victories in this life go unseen by human eye ... kept secret, kept sacred. Ultimately, this intimacy will lead to the manifestation of His sweet fragrance in our lives ... and with it He will reach His world.
"... for if there is one thing more certain than another, it is that the development of hinds' feet is a secret process, demanding that there should be no onlookers." -Hannah Hurnard
So ... that's all. Go to Him.
BY THE WAY, AS A SIDE NOTE, I TRIED GOOGLING "RENO IN SPRING" SO I COULD HAVE A PICTURE WITH THIS POST, AND GUESS WHAT CAME UP? A PICTURE OF JANET RENO FROM HARVARD'S SPRING LAW REVIEW AND A PICTURE OF SPRING DR. IN RENO COVERED IN 5 FT. OF SNOW. I THOUGHT IT WAS TERRIBLY FUNNY. I TRIED UPLOADING THE PICTURES BUT THEY WERE COPYWRITTEN ... COPYWRITED ... WHATEVER ... RATS TO THAT!

4 comments:

lo said...

"fix you"... forever will remind me of North Cove Rd.... umm...
there is so much to be said for the AROMA that the secret place leaves... I see it so often when looking at the beautiful lives around me...
it is good to remember that that same work is changing my fregrance to be much more attractive also...
thank you.

Unknown said...

Wait, wait, Kristine... You're in Nevada. It snows there?

Hehe. Just kidding. I cannot agree more... It was a few days ago when I was walking out of the Toronto Congress Centre and I smelt what I *knew* was the smell of spring. Praise God indeed. Hehe.

Jordan Cameron said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I just got back from Mexico. I feel like I learned and experienced so much and I'm eager to share it. It's frustrating because I can never seem to convey it all. People don't seem to grasp it, or don't even really care, but that's okay. The things that I learned are for me. I can't be selfish with them, but part of their meaning comes from their exclusiveness. It's a good reminder.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»