5.19.2010

Baptized into the Triune God

I haven't done this in a while, but I'd like to get into the habit of sharing my artwork on a more frequent basis. I am always appreciative when others share, so -- for those who are interested -- here's a portion from me. Let me give you a quick rundown of some of the nuts and bolts:
  • I wanted the words of this sermon title to do the talking (imagine that). So, I chose to make the words themselves the main focus of the graphic by keeping everything else fairly muted and simple. The background is a dark blue overlayed with a vertical stripe fill pattern. I rasterized the pattern and hit it with an eraser to tone it down a bit.
  • The arrows are a mixture of several brushes (free brushes) available on Brusheezy. They, too, were treated with the same eraser in order to mute and texturize them.
  • And now... the moment all the font-o-philes have been waiting for... the names of the fonts I used for the main text. "Baptized" is in REBOARD, "into the" is in Marcelle Script, "Triune" is in Night Stalker and "God" is in White Tie Affair. I love playing with the free fonts on Dafont.com -- you should, too. Each word has been rasterized, texturized and shadowed for extra visual interest.
Ultimately, I hope that God Himself will be more evident than anything that is seen or heard this weekend. If you're part of the Living Stones Community, I can't wait to celebrate Him with you this weekend at 11am in Lawlor's main arena! And... if you're getting baptized (or are still thinking about getting baptized), I'm praying for you!

No comments: