9.30.2008

Beams of Heaven

Staying true to the theme of 'Other People's Music', here is an offering for you... hope it is good to you. It's been good to me. 
* * *
Beams of heaven as I go | Through the wilderness below | Guide my feet in peaceful ways | Turn my midnights into days...
When in the darkness I would grope | Faith always sees a star of hope | And soon from all life's grief and danger | I shall be free someday... 
I shall be free someday.
Oftentimes my sky is clear | Joy abounds without a tear | Though a day so bright begun | Clouds may hide tomorrow's sun...
There'll be a day that's always bright | A day that never yields to night | And in its light the streets of glory | I shall behold someday...
I shall behold someday.
Harder yet may be the fight | Right may often yield to might | Wickedness a while may reign | Satan's cause may seem to gain...
There is a God that rules above | With hand of power and heart of love | And if I'm right, He'll fight my battle | I shall have peace someday...
Someday.
Burdens now may crush me down | Disappointments all around | Troubles speak in mournful sigh | Sorrow through a tear-stained eye...
There is a world where pleasure reigns | No mourning soul shall roam its plains | And to that land of peace and glory | I shall want to go someday...
Someday. 

No comments: